Are you looking for the best water distiller for your home? We’ve had the pleasure of reviewing five exceptional models, and we’re here to provide you with water distiller reviews for each and every model on our list.
We’ve chosen models in several different price ranges so that you can find a water distiller that fits perfectly in your price range.
Let’s start off by reviewing a distiller by Megahome.
The 6 Best Water Distiller Reviews
1. Megahome Countertop Stainless Steel Water Distiller
- 1 gallon distilling every 5 to 6 hours
- Auto shut off
- Easy to clean
- Kills bacteria and uses pure steam
- No chemicals or unwanted impurities – just pure water
- UL approved glass collection bottle
This unit operates at 580 W, features a 1-gallon glass collection bottle and also has a six pack of charcoal filters available. There is a residue cleaner included, and this model has a one-touch operation. All of your water will be boiled to steam, cooled, condensed and then collected from the vapor to provide you with 100% clean, sterilized water.
You’ll never find this quality in bottled water or even some water filter pitchers.
- 1-gallon distilling
- Automatic shutoff saves energy
- 100% chemical-free construction
- Loud operation
Aside from this unit being loud, it is the perfect distiller for any home. Not only does it work well, but it’s BPA-free and costs just over $200.
2. Megahome White Enamel Counter Top Water Distiller
- 1 gallon of distilled water every 5 to 6 hours
- 4 gallons of daily output per day
While the exterior is not stainless steel, the inside of the unit offers the utmost in quality construction. Almost identical to the previous model we reviewed, this one is $20 cheaper. The main difference between the two is the exterior being a white enamel color.
They both offer the same residue cleaner, charcoal filters and glass collection bottle.
- Purifies your water.
- Provides 4 gallons of pure steamed water per day.
- Produces exceptional tasting water.
- Loud operation
Being nearly identical to the previous model we reviewed, this unit also has high praises for use in smaller homes and businesses.
3. Waterwise 8800 Water Distiller Review
The Waterwise 8800 has the ability to distill 6 gallons of water every 24 hours – faster than the last two models we reviewed. This unit is very simple to operate. All you have to do is:
- Fill the stainless steel boiler with water
- Press the start button
You can program the unit to automatically distill water, and this unit is portable and ready to go wherever you need it. Carbon post filtration is offered, and there’s an LCD readout that alerts you to when you need to change the filter.
- Distills 1 gallon of water every 4 hours.
- This model is portable.
- Low operational sound.
- Carafe is difficult to pour from.
The only complaint I have with this unit is that when you go to pour the water out of the carafe, it’s nearly impossible not to spill it when the unit is filled. Aside from this, this unit is powerful and stands up to years of use without any issues.
4. Pure Water Distiller Review
Beautifully designed, this unit features a white exterior and has a complete 304 stainless steel chamber. Suitable for home use, this unit does not require installation and doesn’t take up a lot of space in the process.
This unit’s features include:
- Automatic power off over 160°
- 304 stainless steel chamber
- 1L per hour output
- 4L volume
- 750w of power
Completely BPA-free, this unit is very affordable and has the added benefit of automatically shutting off when the unit gets too hot. This will eliminate water waste, and adds extra safety to your unit.
- Very affordable
- High distillation output
- Lasts for years
- No “stop” button
The only complaint that I have with the Pure Water Distiller is that there is no “stop” button. If you want to turn the unit off, you’ll need to unplug it from the wall.
But this minor issue is overlooked by the unit’s modest price. This is one of the most affordable distillers on the market, and it works very well despite its flaw with not having a stop button present.
5. Mini-Classic CT Stainless Steel Steam Distiller Review
Don’t let the name for you, the Mini-Classic is the most powerful unit on the list. Featuring 800 W of power, a full stainless steel body, and a glass container with zero plastic parts, this unit is able to produce 0.8 gallons of water per 3.5 hours. This comes out to about 5 gallons of water per day.
And the unit is backed by a 15-year warranty.
Let’s take a look at some of the features of this unit:
- Completely stainless steel
- 8 gallons / 3.5-hour output
- 1-gallon glass container
- Automatic timer stops distillation process
- Comes with a carbon post filter
- Handling and pour lid dispenser
I can’t say enough about the quality of this machine. While it may not be portable, these units will last for more than 10 years without an issue. The carbon filter only needs to be replaced every 90 gallons, and it’s made from coconut shells for the utmost in clean water.
Fresh and pure water, one of the biggest advantages of this model is that does not leave an aftertaste or any strange smells in the water like the majority of other models do.
- No water or funny taste leftover
- Comes with a 15-year warranty
- Distills over 5 gallons of water per day
- Automatic shut off unit
- Extremely reliable
The only downfall of the Mini-Classic is its price. This unit is rather expensive, but it lasts for decades without breaking. My friend has had his unit since 2002, and it’s still running strong today.
6. Waterwise 9000 Countertop Distiller Review
The final unit on our list is produced by Waterwise. The 9000 is a countertop model that looks more like a coffeemaker than it does a water distiller. But this unit can produce 5 gallons of water every 24 hours and has a carbon post filter.
This unit features:
- No assembly required
- Polycarbonate collector bottle
- 5-gallon distillation for 24 hours
- Removal of contaminants and bacteria
- Automatic shut off after the 1-gallon cycle
- Small, portable design
The Waterwise 9000 does it all, and it’s very compact. This unit also features a carbon filter to remove iron from your water, and the filter is made from coconut, meaning that it will not cause more harm than good.
With a shatterproof carafe, you never have to worry about dropping the unit and it breaking. We even brought this unit camping, and were able to distill water with ease.
- Small, compact design for easy transport
- High distillation for 24 hours (5 gallons)
- No assembly required
- Contains BPA
The only downfall of this unit is that it contains BPA. Many people believe that BPA, a byproduct from plastic, is bad for your health. Older units come with the BPA carafe, but the manufacturer now sells a BPA-free carafe that you can buy.